August 3, 2008

That Green Gentleman [Things have Changed]

Yesterday was our first foray into the mall-scene of CSprings, and, though most of the success of the day had little to do with the bounty of the mall itself, it was a decidedly successful trip. We began with only one mission objective (finding Leroy a new shirt for an upcoming wedding) but Chapel Hills had more in store (a pun!) for us. Our first, and to my mind our greatest, find was this:

I watched this video on an in-store TV, waiting for the artist/song information at the end while Brad tried to decide which beaded bracelet made him look most like a surfer. I couldn't have been more surprised when I found out that it was Panic at the Disco. Turns out even a tool store like Aberepublic or Bananazombie or wherever we were, and even a teen-pop band like Panic at the Disco, can really brighten my day. I think that Steve and Barry should enlist the help of the Old Navy and having traversed the Gap under the watch of Pacific Sun declare war on the Banana Republic (two words? I'm not even willing to google that). Notice that in the previous sentence I mentioned those stores (probably all owned by the same company) in order of increasing quality of their sweat sho... I mean textiles. Anyway, that song will make your day.

We also took the time to watch a round of American Idol tryouts that were going on at the mall all afternoon:

Plus we uncovered yet another example of corporate underhandedness. In a store which shall remain nameless, I found the very shirt I was wearing. The funny part is the shirt I was wearing was purchased about a year ago from Express. The shirt we found is made by "The Beverly Hills Polo Club" and is being sold for what I conjecture to be about 1/4th of the price of the Express shirt.

Once again the Old West isn't afraid to add insult to injury. Even when it means making me doubt the integrity of the very shirt on my back.

More on the mall later.

Also later this week: another in memoriam, a post about food, and something about politics.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're haveing loads of fun. Salvation Army/ Goodwill stores are nice to shop at. I'm glad you guys are all haveing fun. You should call me sometime. If I don't answer, I'll call you back as soon as I can. Love you and miss you..

~Kate